Featured Post

Hotel Review: Home Inn Musanze

Over the weekend I got to travel to Musanze and spent several hours there. For the most part...

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Sky High Bliss


I was dying to share this with you guys. Couldn't help it when I had to first share my Nyanza experience then offer this next blog. Been a long time coming. So here goes buddies:
I first want to let you guys that this was hands down an amazing experience! Christmas come early kinda feeling.
A friend of mine suggested me to partake in an event that was taking place in Kenya recently- a journalism reporting boot-camp if I might say. And it was definitely a great time but really what made me do this blog is the travel part. Gee, less talk Dee... More pics please!
So the ticketing was seamless, everything had been catered for... I just had to be there on time and thank God for Kigali's traffic free airport road I was there earlier! (Of course it was the giddy old me excited to fly for the first time!) I mean, I got to experience what I always see in movies! How cool is that! I was definitely on cloud nine or any if the similar words here all in one!
Apart from the oohs and aahs of being in the actual departures lounge and all the processes in between, I had an amazing time definitely and my Snapchat was super loaded with the moments as usual.
Check the pics below:

Oooooh! That boeing jet is huge!

From where I sit
Cameo-therapy! Lucky girl. Sat on the window to and fro!
Safety first
Food first
All set!
And the writer in me began to journal EVERYTHING! You should have seen the look on the faces of my neighbors! No wonder they slept most of the flight! One less problem though, no one to stare at my novice antics! Plus they were an extremely lovey couple! For a moment I hated being single but heck! I was so enthralled with the views I had no time for love affairs... Hehe
Runway tings! Well it took awfully long for take off (Never mind it was less than a minute!) I just wanted to be in the sky already! Fun fact: I had this irrational fear I might do something clumsy and everyone would throw darting glances at me and then faint because that's what you do when you are judged. Right? No, ok.. maybe it's just me. Thank you Cyril for the pep talk! I feared nothing!
Up, up, up we went! Gee look at those little houses!
Going steady! Man! I couldn't contain myself! I felt like my heart could explode in all the beautiful views from up there! Oh and they say the higher you go the cooler it gets... I felt it! It was like I was in a fridge somewhere! But maybe they meant cool as in hip?! Haha... Just kidding.
Clouds...
...and more clouds!
And more clouds!
And more clouds!
And more C L O U D S!!!
It's an ocean of white fluffiness up there! If only I could touch that edible looking ginormous cloud!
Ah if only I could fall on that fluff and just lay there watching as birds pass and chirp by me sailing in bliss! Smh, no one thinks like that Dee... Get it together boo-boo!
That down there is the beautiful Lake Victoria
One thing also! Pilots! Man! These guys deserve a tip of the hat like for real! The knowledge of the latitudes and longitudes and knowing where to take the plane is quite amazing! To me we looked like we were slowly moving but at sometime The announcer put out that were traveling 900 kmph while 11 KM high! Geek alert!
With these views, I dared not sleep! Surprisingly there are people who've flown their whole lives and they really weren't as enchanted as I was. But oh-well, I just stared at the wondrous things the Lord had made and His creation of the human brain! Just wow! I couldn't help but praise!
The lake!
I mean! What is this! No filter needed!
Pretty sure these light dynamics weren't ready! Another view with no filter needed of course! Just how cool can it get! So amazed really! Just look at that glorious and calming view!
You know some of us food just does some good remedy! Thanks RwandAir
Juice for days.
Peek-a-boo!
Oh hello Kenyan terrain! Been awhile since we were together! You are sight to the sore eye! So breathtakingly good!
My point exactly? I just can't un-stare this!
And those are the Ngong Hills! Woi!
Welcome to my hood! Rangau on fleek!
Landing. Eeek! Unreal!
Land at close range!
Yeeha! The runway!
Ok, first of all am so glad I captured that! These physics dynamics had my little big heart palpitating like a little kid in an awe-striking arena full of kids goodies! Just wow!
Casually passing planes... No biggie!
Reliving Planes movies! Haha... Yes I am a Disney fan!
Oh Kenya! So beautiful!
Also this view while in the cab! How serene!
Well guys this was like my most alive moment this year! I loved it so much! Plus it was so fun writing it! The full journey couldn't fit in this whole blog post, I decided to put into 2 parts so if you are for the idea, lemme know in the comments below!
Also see this This hilarious air travel diary  as seen on Cup of Jo's page, this hilarious episode of The Lucy Show when Lucy flew to London and these solo travel lessons.
Wrote this while listening to this amazing playlist-my fave so far ;) and this one too 
Have a lovely dreamy day friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment